What is International Babywearing Week (IBW)?
From the Babywearing International Website, IBW is described as “a week-long opportunity to celebrate, promote, advocate for, and focus media attention on the many benefits of babywearing.” The 2016 theme is Best Seat in the House, which is reflected in many of the in-person and online events.
Along with awareness, there are ways you can support Seattle Babywearers’s mission of outreach!
Help Seattle Babywearers help you!
All week long we’ll be doing a little fundraising to support our outreach efforts – There is one EPIC babywearing raffle for you, so hold on to your seat for these details. Raffle tickets are $5 each and can be reserved here: www.seattlebabywearers.com/raffle
The prizes are epic and include:
- Ring Sling from Active Baby Carriers
- Ring Sling & baby blanket from Sweet Baby wraps
- Wrap conversion ring sling from Tula
- Mama metal jewelry from Hatchling Handcrafted
- $75 Spa Finder & Spa gift package from Stephanie Gruss
- Coffee cup and beans from PNWovens
- Breastfeeding consult from Sound Breastfeeding
- Ankalia wrap from Chelsea Breeze
- 10 class pass to Village Green Yoga from Jean Massimo
- PNWoven wrap from Astrid Gielen
- BeautyCounter spa basket from Beth Martin
- Baby massage from Genetic Bond
- Standard Canvas SSC from Tula
- Babywearing photography session from the Carried Collective
- Babywearing coat from Remz Creations (Emerald City Coop)
- And more, because the prizes keep coming!
At the meetings, picnic, and zoo you can support BWI by purchasing selfie sticks to aid you in getting “best shots of the best seat” limited number available, $10 each. Other pickup arrangements can be made by emailing [email protected]
At the picnic there will be $50 Mini photo sessions in Seward park by The Carried Collective with all proceeds going to support Seattle Babywearers as we grow and reach more caregivers, babies and spread awareness
Throughout IBW, you can support BWI by booking a studio session with The Carried Collective just in time to get photos for your holiday cards and to adore on your fireplace mantle.
All ready to go to an event?
We are kicking of IBW this year with a meeting in Bellevue and our official launch of MyTurn! There are events every day, all over King County, Facebook, and Instagram. Join for one, all, or just play along virtually through Facebook and Instagram.
Wednesday, October 5
10-11:30 am East Meeting at Cross of Christ Church 411 156th Ave NE, Bellevue, Washington 98007
5 – 630 pm “Happy Hour” at Frost Donuts 15217 Main St, Mill Creek, WA 98012
Thursday, October 6
10 am Best Seat in the Theater at Lincoln Square Cinema 700 Bellevue Way NE #310, Bellevue, WA 98004
Friday, October 7
Saturday, October 8
10 – 2 pm Zoo Date at Woodland Park Zoo at 5500 Phinney Ave N, Seattle, WA 98103
Sunday, October 9
3 – 6 pm Potluck Picnic at Seward Park 5900 Lake Washington Blvd S, Seattle, WA 98118
- This is going to be one epic picnic! There will be a potluck, babywearing photo sessions, and a members-only HANDWOVEN WRAP giveaway (enter by simply being a member, extra entries for donating to the scholarship fund)! There will also be door prizes, a carrier petting zoo, and Happy Baby Family with food samples
Monday, October 10
10 – 11:30 am West Meeting at the Seattle Speech, Deaf, and Hearing Center at 1625 19th Ave, Seattle, WA 98122
2 pm Pouches, Pouches, Pouches at Woodinville Rotary Park 19518 136th Ave NE, Woodinville, WA 98072
Tuesday, October 11
Wednesday, October 12
Winners of the raffle to be announced and drawn live on Facebook
Instagram: Best Seat in the house competition person with the most likes on their photo tagged with #bestseatSeattle will win a prize.
Facebook: Babywearing Uno, #TBT seat throwback thread, and a virtual event for Together We Wear